Sunday, April 18, 2010

Term Paper

I apologize for the lateness of this post, I have been needing to do this for awhile. While reading the Four Quartets and The Following Story, I was very interested in the concepts of time, specifically the singular moment. In the Following Story, Nooteboom is extremely careful about how he uses the word "now." When I read this, I instantly thought of all the things Eliot has to say about time and the moment singular. What are the implications of that moment. What does "now" really mean?



First I will explore Eliot's understanding of time and timelessness. With this in mind I will then focus on Nooteboom's use of the word in The Following Story and the implication that "now" takes on in context of the story. Good luck to everyone on their term papers, and if anyone has any thoughts about this subject I would be very grateful for any insight. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment